Friday, December 10, 2010

Kid Just Got Smurphed!

You want to know why technology is so fantastic? Because we have made it so simple that even a child can max out your credit card. Well, at least get the ball rolling.


California resident Kelly Rummelhart felt the financial sting of emerging technology. Her 4-year old son was playing with a Smurph application on her iPhone and was racking up charges on her credit card without knowing it. He ended up buying 11 buckets of "smurphberries" which you use to speed up gameplay. It is brilliant and yet very sinister.

My 11-year old son continues to plead with me to buy "Crowns" so he can upgrade his status on the massively popular PC game, Wizard 101. My 9-year old frequently approaches me with his iTouch and asks for my iTunes password so he can download the latest Flo Rida song.

It is just too easy to spend money without even having to put pants on. Take me for example, I just used my phone to put $1,000 on Wisconsin to win the Rose Bowl.

I figure if both of my kids have smart phones, they can bankrupt me by March of 2011.

No comments: